Saturday, December 17, 2011

A VERY IMPORTANT LIFE CHANGE/ CHOICE

June 20th, 2011
Hi everyone! So I wasn’t sure how to say this but I felt all of you should know since each one of you is an important person in my life. I’ve recently made the choice not to go back to college. Now before you gasp and start thinking of all the horrible things that might happen to me now, let me explain, LOL
First of all, I don’t really consider it quitting because I’ve already started a newer and MUCH better life for myself. I have work now and am still looking for work elsewhere, so that worry is out of the way. The thing is I just wasn’t HAPPY at school. I did my full four years and even though I was fairly close to finishing my credits I finally realized after bearing it all that none of it was what I wanted anymore. All the career paths I’d explored were not wasted, but let me understand later that I wanted something else. I’m SO much happier now and everyone who knows me well has noticed the drastic change in my attitude since I decided to stay in my home town.
I’ve gotten a lot of raised eyebrows and/ or blank expressions when telling people this is my plan now, but I hope I can have the support of all of you. Writing and video-making are still my passions and I’m going to do them no matter what my career turns out to be in the future. I will try and find a job that I like, but hey, even with a degree that’s DIFFICULT to do. No matter who you are, you are not your job. It’s what you do in your spare time that gives your life substance and meaning. I know that now more than ever.
Thank you all, I love you.
~ Luna

No comments:

Post a Comment